St. Ann’s Warehouse fills a vital niche on New York City’s cultural landscape as an artistic home for the American avant-garde, international companies of distinction, and highly talented emerging artists ready to work on a grand scale. Over 36 years, St. Ann’s has evolved into a world-class presenter where artists come to make work in an open, flexible space that can be reconfigured to meet their needs. By virtue of the many partnerships and huge talent St. Ann’s has nurtured, outstanding artists and productions have been introduced on American soil, where they have had major impact on the field here and abroad. In October 2015, we opened our permanent home in a former Tobacco Warehouse in Brooklyn Bridge Park. The new St. Ann’s Warehouse is a 25,000 square foot site within an historic brick shell, housing two flexible performance spaces: The 10,000 sq ft Joseph S. and Diane H. Steinberg Theater and a 1,000 sq ft Studio for smaller scale productions, rehearsals and community gatherings. The complex also holds an open-air public garden (The Max Family Garden), administrative offices, and a welcoming lobby.
FINANCE AND BUSINESS ASSOCIATE
The Finance and Business Associate is responsible for the daily operations of the finance department for this $6+ million theater with 21 full-time employees. The Finance and Business Associate reports directly to the Director of Finance.
· Serving as Payroll administrator and manages all employee benefits (health insurance, 403(b), transit).
· Processing bi-weekly Payroll.
· Entering and maintaining Accounts Payable.
· Management and reconciliation of Corporate credit cardaccounts.
· Enteringsales reports from OvationTix into the accounting system.
· Assisting Director of Finance in maintaining financial files, preparing for annual audit and managing petty cash.
· Assisting in hiring of new personnel.
· Responsibility for reconciliation Contributed Income with Development Department.
· Creating and distributing daily income reports.
· Monthly bank reconciliations.
· Managing office systems including phones, copiers and printers; as well as providing assistance to the Production Office in management of their office systems.
· Acting as point person for the management of Information Systemsfor both the Admin and Production Offices. Troubleshooting technical issues and liaising with outside technical and IT support.
· Assisting in preparation for the annual audit and 990 return.
· Providing support to Director of Finance in managing and growing all service and banking relationships.
· Maintaining general office environment and remote storage units.
· Serving the daily needs of the organization including petty cash administration, bank deposits, and office supply management.
· Assisting Development and Production with Special Events, as requested.
The ideal candidate will have experience with not-for-profit organizations and will bring a fundamental understanding of the elements of accounting. The candidate will possess excellent analytical skills and be highly organized and self-motivated. An excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office is a must. Knowledge of QuickBooks or any Fund Accounting software, and experience with payroll software are a plus.
This is a full-time, competitively salaried position with benefits.
SAW is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
St. Ann’s Warehouse fills a vital niche on New York City’s cultural landscape as an artistic home for the American avant-garde, international companies of distinction, and highly talented emerging artists ready to work on a grand scale. Over 36 years, St. Ann’s has evolved into a world-class artistic home where artists come to make work in an open, flexible space that can be reconfigured specifically to meet their needs. St Ann’s, having completed a new theater in the heart of Brooklyn Bridge Park, has opened this October with a spectacular line-up of acclaimed international productions – and is looking for Front-of-House staff for their inaugural season!
The Front-of-House staff, which includes Ushers, Ticket Takers, and Lobby Staff, ensures that all of our guests receive the highest level of customer service at all performances and events at St. Ann’s Warehouse.
• Greeting and directing guests, and monitoring lobby traffic.
• Assisting with taking tickets and seating.
• Relaying information about shows to guests in a clear and friendly way.
• Responsible for the set-up and break-down of stanchions, seat labels, placing programs, etc.
• Working closely with House Manager to troubleshoot all ticket problems and guest issues.
• Providing support to House Manager with special projects as needed.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
This position requires availability on nights and weekends, as well as some holidays as needed. Fireguard (F-03) highly preferred.
Start date: Immediately.
St. Ann’s Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.